Port of Spain, June 30 2023: RVRB X is back again but this time as a hybrid event! The Trinidad and Tobago Music Company Limited (MusicTT) will be hosting the 3rd annual RVRB eXperience (RVRB X) from July 5th – 7th. The event will take place in person at its partner hotel – The Brix, Port of Spain and will be streamed via its website www.rvrbexperience.com . RVRB X is a 3-day music conference which aims to provide knowledge and networking to equip music professionals, entrepreneurs, musicians and artistes to meet and explore the challenges of a changed global music economy towards the development of the Caribbean music industry. The central theme for this year is “InSync” where MusicTT will hold interviews, presentations, workshops, panel discussions, mentorship sessions and business-to-business networking on investing in music, music synchronization and music in film.
RVRB X promises to be an exciting and informative conference with day 1 focusing on Investments geared towards Government bodies that deal with trade, export, investment, tourism and culture; Corporate companies, Promoters, Event Managers, Talent Managers, Agents, Business Managers, Creative Entrepreneurs and artistes that manage their own affairs. Days 2 and 3 focus on Synchronization and Music in Film respectively are geared towards Recording Artistes, Talent Managers, Composers/Arrangers, Film Directors, Executive Producers, Advertising Agencies, Music Producers, Songwriters and Artistes. Each day will conclude with musical showcases with performances by various local artistes and bands, including SADAEYA, Side Kick Envy, Keilan Jacob, Candice Caton, Yelena, and EKO to name a few. The showcases will be headlined by Mical Teja, Braveboy and Collis Duranty and College Boy Jesse over the three days, respectively.
RVRB X will also host speakers, panelists, and mentors from Nigeria, USA, UK and Trinidad and Tobago. A major draw to attending RVRB X in person is the networking that will be afforded through the Mentorship and Business to Business networking segments where people can connect one-on-one with the international speakers present. Some of the featured guest speakers include titans such as:
- Fela Oke, (UK/Nigeria) Super-Agent, and producer in strategic transitions, strategy, business development, marketing and distribution management, with a complementing mixture of Creative Business understanding, and strategic leadership with over 20+ years of transferable experience. Focused on improving market positions and growing the bottom line, creating new revenue streams, corporate strategy and commercial value; offering a fresh and diverse skillset.
- Femi Oyeniran, (UK/Nigeria) is an award-winning actor and filmmaker. Femi’s work as an actor and filmmaker has helped to define Black British film and British youth culture in the past couple of decades. He starred in iconic British film Kidulthood, Adulthood as well as the comedy Anuvahood. Other credits include Absolutely Fabulous, Taking Stock, Demons Never Dieand more. Femi wrote, directed and produced The INTENT and The INTENT 2 which was released to unprecedented success. He was also tapped up by Idris Elba to write an episode of his Netflix Original series Turn Up Charlie. He also has producer credit on Sky Atlantic series Tin Star, which stars Tim Roth. He also directed a block of Comedy Central’s Drunk History: Black Stories as well as BET’s first UK-originated programme The Culture Capsule.
- Jhay C (Australia) is a successful Record Producer/Songwriter and the Creative Director at Hit Music Labs who has garnered over 1K song placements for major TV & Film networks. With a career spanning over 20 years in the music industry & 10 years of experience in the Sync Licensing world, Jhay C will bring his mentorship & wealth of knowledge in composing music for TV and Film.
- Al McLean (USA) GLOBAL Head of Music, EMPIRE Publishing and Founder and CEO of SONGSPLITS has been a trendsetter and visionary for the music business for many years. Prior companies who have benefited from his experience, relationships, and talents are Island Records, MBK Entertainment, JB Music Publishing, H.O.L.A Recordings Company, Reach Global Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing, Kobalt Music, and Board Member of the Recording Academy (Atlanta).
- Godwin Tom (Nigeria) Managing Director, Sony Music Publishing Nigeria. He is an entertainment business executive, talent manager, author, public speaker and teacher.
- Solomon Sonaiya (UK/Nigeria) A creative entrepreneur with over 15 years of experience in the global entertainment and media industry having worked as a record label executive, talent manager, music publishing/rights management advisor and consultant. Solomon is the co-founder of Livespot 360, a premier media and entertainment company where he worked with brands like NBC Universal, Amazon, ITV, Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty, Heineken, Access Bank and a host of other multinational corporations. He has also worked as a consultant to international acts like Lauryn Hill, Cardi B, Kelly Rowland and Rick Ross on various live performance projects and also worked behind the scenes advising A-list African music artists on global music licensing and publishing deals.
“These are just a few of the speakers who will be present and sharing their knowledge and expertise at this year’s RVRB X. Each year we aim to go bigger and be better, while pushing the boundaries a bit on some of the topics presented. As always, my spiel to creatives is to invest in yourself. Thanks to our sponsors, tickets are out-of-this-world affordable but only a few are still available, as seating is limited. I encourage both music and film professionals to take advantage of this opportunity to learn and network with some of the best in the Music and Film industries. Answer the call…Let’s meet at the X!” – Melissa Jimenez, General Manager, MusicTT.
To see the full listing of speakers, learn more about the conference, or purchase your ticket and RVRB X merch, visit www.rvrbexperience.com.
– END –